Indiana air duct cleaning professionals don’t advise their clients to have their HVAC ducts cleared of debris for no reason. Here at Legacy Heating and Air Inc., we stand by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) when it comes to promoting air duct cleaning’s importance towards keeping families safe from indoor air pollution.
It can be hard to determine whether air duct cleaning is needed or not. This is due to extremely varied conditions in each individual home. But deciding whether a cleanup is needed is easy, provided that homeowners know which signs to look out for.
Perhaps the best indicator is the presence of unexplained illnesses. These could be allergies or respiratory conditions that would otherwise have never existed in the family. If such situations arise, there is a great possibility that harmful contaminants circulate throughout the HVAC ducts, underneath the occupants’ noses. But if no one suffers from such health issues (and subsequent inspection of the ducts yield no visual evidence of contaminants whatsoever), then a cleaning is probably not needed.
Sudden manifestations of these illnesses, however, may mean professional assistance is required. Legacy Heating and Air, Inc., one of the most reliable providers of vent cleaning in Indiana, is always on standby. We have decades of industry experience, coupled with skill and top-of-the-line equipment, which helps ensure excellent service. Contact us today for inquiries.
• Children are more likely than adults to be affected by polluted air; they breathe faster, inhale more air per unit of body weight and are closer to the ground where concentrations are higher. (Department of Consumer Affairs)
• Among the top five reasons for emergency room visits in 2008 was Colds/Flu and Asthma attacks for children under 10. (Wolters-Kluwer Health)
• One out of every six people who suffer from allergies does so because of the direct relationship to the fungi and bacteria in the air duct systems. (Total Health & Better Health Magazine)
• 90% of heating and cooling system failures are caused by dust and dirt. (Louisiana Cooperative Extension Service)
• The elderly, asthmatics and people with respiratory problems, such as allergies and lung diseases, are more sensitive to pollutants. (Department of Consumer Affairs)
• One millimeter of dirt on a heating or cooling coil can decrease it’s efficiency up to 21%. (Environmental Protection Agency)
• Most fiberglass furnace filters are only 7% effective in stopping dirt, dust, pollen, etc.
(American Society of Heat, Ref., Ac. Engineers)
• Most people spend 60 to 90% of their time indoors. (American Lung Association)
• 50% of all illnesses are either caused or aggravated by polluted indoor air.(American College of Allergists)
• The average six-room house collects 40 pounds of dust each year. (Discover Magazine)
• Air pollution contributes to lung disease, which claims close to 361,000 lives in America every year and is the third-leading cause of death in the United States. (American Lung Association)
• The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency ranks poor indoor air quality among the top five environmental risks to public health. (E.P.A.)
Schedule an Appointment For Service on Your Furnace, Air Conditioner or Heat Pump
Toll Free: 855-273-8444
Sat: 8:00AM-12 Noon