At the core of the VRV LIFE systems is built-in intelligence that gives you independent zoning control with maximum flexibility and energy savings. With the ability to connect up to nine indoor units to one outdoor unit, the space-saving VRV LIFE system is ideal for most residential projects.
VRV LIFE systems features
- Flexibility with mix-match of ducted and duct-free indoor units
- Reduced power consumption with flexibility to turn off indoor units not in use
- Dual-fuel heating with heat pump and gas heat simultaneously
- Space-saving with ability to connect 2 gas furnaces to one outdoor unit1
- Quiet operation with sound levels under 58 dBA 2
- Choice of gas or heat pump heat
- Custom, selectable and programmable temperature to switch from heat pump to gas heat
- Add or remove zones without having to worry about ductwork
(1) When compared to a system of two outdoor units combined with two gas furnaces and A-Coils.
(2) Model specific, refer to product engineering manual for details.
Zoning is an important factor that contributes to energy savings and comfort – standard central ducted systems do not have the ability to precisely adapt to your lifestyle and how you use your home. In most cases, larger homes can be separated in 2 zones, each zone being served by a separate system.
Daikin VRV LIFE systems provide effective zoning solutions by offering the flexibility to connect up to 9 zones to a single system. Precision engineered refrigerant control allows system operation to meet the needs of individual zones.
Daikin VRV LIFE systems are the industry’s first VRV Heat Pump with gas furnace connectivity for residential applications. The new VRV LIFE systems offers solutions to some of the traditional HVAC challenges for single family applications.
Traditional Ducted System
- Thermostat wars, one temperature doesn’t fit all rooms
- Energy wasted in areas not in use or through large duct systems
- Hot and cold rooms due to poor air distribution
VRV LIFE™ System
- Personalized comfort, no more argument over the temperature
- Energy savings: turn off zones not in use
- Solve hot and cold spots by adding more indoor units
VRV LIFE systems are engineered with Daikin inverter and variable refrigerant temperature (VRT) technologies. These empower the compressor to operate at its optimal efficiencies during part load operations and thereby reducing power consumption* and providing high operational efficiencies.
Daikin VRV systems are globally renowned for their quietness. With operating sound pressure levels as low as 57 dbA, VRV LIFE is an optimal solution for installation close to lot lines and sound sensitive applications.
With a compact, light weight and space saving design of only 37”W x 12-5/8”D, VRV LIFE systems provide up to 75%2reduction in installation space compared to similar capacity top discharge unitary condensing units.
- Available in 2, 3, 4 and 5-Ton models
- Excellent zoning flexibility with 1-to-1 and 1-to-multi connections
- Broader diversity with ability to provide cooling and heating in up to 9 zones
- Ability to choose heat pump or multi-zone Dual-Fuel heating capability
- Auto and programmable modes for heat pump to gas heat switch over temperatures
- Compatible with 12 types and 65 models of Daikin VRV indoor fan coil units and 80 – 97% AFUE Daikin up flow and down flow communicating gas furnaces
- Dependable heat pump operation in extreme ambient conditions down to -4°F in heating mode and up to 122°F in cooling mode
- Year round comfort and energy savings delivered by combining VRV and VRT technologies compared to traditional split systems
- Engineered with Daikin’s swing Inverter compressor technology
|SEER||Up to 18|
|HSPF||Up to 10.5|