You never hesitate to upgrade your smartphone, but what about your home’s technology?
Make home management easier and more efficient with smart home devices like a smart thermostat.
Just about everything can be done from the smartphone you’re probably reading this article on. From ordering a pizza, buying a car, and even your annual taxes. Now, add complete indoor climate control to the list of things that can be done from the palm of your hand with a smart thermostat.
What Is A Smart Thermostat?
Smart thermostats are a Wi-Fi-enabled smart home technology that gives users control over their home’s heating or air conditioning and other climate factors like indoor air quality and humidity levels.
Unlike traditional thermostats that are fixed to the wall of your home and have to be operated manually, a smart thermostat is accessible through your smart devices like your iPhone, tablet, or smart speaker. This means you can make adjustments to your indoor climate whether at home or away.
Smart thermostats go beyond just handheld control over how warm or cool your home is. With advanced algorithms, learning capabilities, movement sensors, and more there are plenty of reasons to consider upgrading your home’s thermostat.
Why Upgrade Your Home’s Thermostat
Think about it: you upgrade your smartphone, your laptop, and your car more often than you upgrade the technology in your home. Your home is your biggest investment and where you and your loved ones spend most of your time, so keep it comfortable and efficient with the most up-to-date technology.
Here are some of the major reasons to consider upgrading your home’s climate control technology:
- Energy Savings: The average family spends over $4000 per year on utility bills. Who wouldn’t want to see those expenses decrease? Smart thermostats are reported to save consumers anywhere from 15-23% on their annual energy costs.
- Convenience: Wherever you have a wi-fi connection, you have access to your home’s climate control. So, if you’re at work or away on vacation, you can change the temperature to reflect how your home is or isn’t being used. You can save up to 10% on your energy costs annually by setting your thermostat back while you’re away from home.
- Intuitive Designs: You can navigate a smart thermostat as easily as you use your other smart devices. With intuitive designs and controls, you don’t need an HVAC certification to program your comfort settings.
- Automation: Smart thermostats take the guesswork out of temperature control. Not only do you know the exact temperature of your home (much like a digital clock vs. analog), but you can set exact temperatures by your schedule and daily rhythms.
- Easy Home Management: Smart thermostats can also provide users with annual energy reports helping you budget and track your utility expenses more accurately.
- Easy Installation & Compatibility: Smart thermostats are both affordable and easy to install requiring a quick visit from your local service technician. Most smart thermostats are compatible with your existing HVAC systems, however, there are some requirements that your technician will check for before installation.
- Improve Air Quality: Some thermostats monitor other factors like indoor air quality (IAQ) and humidity. For example, the Daikin One+ Smart Thermostat can detect pollutants, particulates, and even mold that may interfere with your home’s air quality. Learn more about indoor air quality and Daikin products here.
There are lots of great reasons to upgrade and there are a lot of smart thermostat brands on the market to choose from. So, which one do your local professionals recommend?
The Brand Local Pros Recommend
The smart thermostat Legacy Pros recommend the most to our customers is the Daikin One+ Smart Thermostat. Legacy technicians are proud to install and service Daikin products bringing the world’s largest heating and air providers to the greater Northwest Indiana area. We choose Daikin because:
- Daikin is made in the USA creating over 5,000 jobs
- Daikin offers the best warranties in the business allowing our customers greater protection
- Daikin products consistently deliver the best technology and capabilities
Legacy HVAC technicians are skilled and specially trained Daikin Comfort Pros meaning they can install and service any Daikin products.
How Else Can You Save With Daikin
Smart home technology isn’t just for the thermostat, it can also be used throughout your home’s HVAC system to improve efficiency, save energy, and provide you with complete control over your home’s climate.
When you think about upgrading your thermostat, consider what else may need updating to maximize the benefits of your new smart technology. You wouldn’t put a brand-new engine into an old car without making proper repairs and upgrades, right? We recommend the Daikin Fit System as a compliment to your Daikin One+ Smart Thermostat because together they can give you increased efficiency, greater comfort, and are a great investment into your home.
How To Get Started
Ready to learn more about upgrading and improving your home’s thermostat or HVAC system?
Just call on the Legacy Pros to walk you through the entire process.
Our technicians can provide you with a custom plan to upgrade your home technology focused on your unique needs and budget.
Check our offers page to discover local rebates, utility incentives, and special offers on Daikin products.